Thursday, December 17, 2015
Project Purse Dump: Juliette Cross
Hi, everyone! So, my purse is ultra boring. Nothing but piles of receipts, my wallet, phone, sunglasses, and my reading glasses which I can never seem to find. Instead, my character Genevieve Drake from the Vessel series will share with you what’s in her purse. FYI, Gen is a college co-ed turned demon hunter in New Orleans. Take it away, Gen!
1. Tommy Girl Hand Lotion—My hands get chapped, and a girl’s gotta smell nice, right?
2. Chocolate—Always have some stashed in my purse. Helps me in all kinds of emotional emergencies.
3. A Benchmade Knife—My dad’s first present to me when I moved out of the house into an apartment with my bestie, Mindy. (Check out the closeup! It’s got the cutest butterfly.) And Jude almost cracked a smile when he saw me carrying it. Almost.
4. Mindy’s Ferrari-red Lipstick—Mindy has way more fashion sense than I do and insists I wear it when we go out.
5. Pony Tail Holders—Gotta have ‘em.
6. Celtic Bracelet—I bought this in the French Market because it reminded me of my mother and her artwork. She always loved Celtic scrollwork and interlacing. Jude gets a sort of sad look on his face when I wear it, so I usually just stick it back in my purse.
7. Vincent Van Gogh Sticky Notes—Couldn’t pass these up when I saw them at the NOMA souvenir shop. You always need sticky notes. Why not have some classy ones?
8. Matches—I don’t smoke, but I pick up matches wherever I go. These are from the Cigar Factory on Decatur, Pat O’Brien’s in the Quarter, and Commander’s Palace on Canal from the last time Dad took me.
9. Pens—You always need a pen. Be prepared.
10. Dickinson Pocket Poetry—Though I’ve had to set my English studies aside for more noble pursuits, like hunting demons with Jude, I can’t give up my favorite book of pocket poetry. Emily inspires me. When life gets tough, I always go to these lines, “Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops—at all.”
About Juliette: Multi-published author of paranormal and urban fantasy romance with Samhain and Kensington Publishing, Juliette calls lush, moss-laden Louisiana, home where the landscape curls into her imagination, creating mystical settings for her stories. From the moment she read JANE EYRE as a teenager, she fell in love with the Gothic romance--brooding characters, mysterious settings, persevering heroines, and dark, sexy heroes. Even then, she not only longed to read more books set in Gothic worlds, she wanted to create her own.