Sunday, March 13, 2011

Home Renovations

For some crazy reason our home renovations usually happen at very busy times in our lives.  I painted when my son was a newborn which wasn't that difficult then I tackled the kitchen (painting all the walls and cabinets) when he was about 5-10 months old.  I did take me the full 5 months because I could only paint during naps or after he went to bed and I for sure didn't want to spend all my "free" time painting!  Recently over a 2 week period I did the hallway and will soon be tackling the living room, dining room, master bedroom and what will soon be, a "big boy" room.  All this while being pregnant with a 16 month old!

Lights are probably one of the easiest and quickest little renovations a person can do.  The lighting in our house is original (18 years old) and looking quite out-dated and most of it doesn't match, bulbs don't match or they are missing covers which makes it look very unsightly.  Who has long fluorescent tube lighting in their kitchens these days?!?!  We do!  Oh and the hollywood lights in the bathrooms, yuck!  That will be done one by one when we have time.

Next week we're ripping out the carpet and laying laminate!  Should be interesting with a toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment