Wednesday, July 17, 2013
When I go grocery shopping in order to save money I tend to buy stuff that's on sale on top of my shopping list stuff as it will save me money in the future as when I go to use the item I won't need to buy it at the time and I haven't paid full price for it. Well eventually this leads to a freezer full of stuff and half the time I don't even know what's in there. So last week I didn't even go grocery shopping and just threw together meals with what we had. Then I made a list of what we have in both freezers and based this weeks shopping list off of what is in the freezer and didn't buy anything extra as we need to use this stuff up. So this weeks meals are:
1. Burgers - we had leftovers from my daughters birthday party
2. Chicken nuggets - for the day I won't have time to cook a full meal
3. Tortellini - I saved these for after spending the day at the waterslides and don't want to cook as this can be made in 10 minutes
4. Zucchini Pizza Casserole - for all the ground beef I have in the freezer
5. Cashew Chicken and Pasta - I can't find the recipe online and I realized that I bought almonds instead of cashews so it'll be almond chicken and pasta
I never tend to do a full week of dinners as there's always lots of leftovers which we'll eat for another night or 2.