Sunday, November 28, 2010

Surviving Pregnancy With a Toddler

So I find myself pregnant with a one year old and I'd have to say it's not easy.  With my first pregnancy if I got tired I could lay down whenever I wanted, sleep when I wanted, ate when I wanted, etc.  Well this time around I just don't have that luxury.  I try and get a nap in after work but usually after 30 minutes my son wakes from his and I've just barely fallen asleep!  I usually end up lying on the floor with him while he plays if I'm truly exhausted!  It's harder to keep up with the housework this time around as the first time I didn't have the one year old making the mess!  I usually end up just doing the basics and let less important things go.  I also rely on my husband more to pick up the slack!  Some days (actually most)  I feel bad because I don't get my son out of the house.  I feel like maybe he's not getting enough interaction with other kids or seeing the world enough.  Sometimes his only outing in days is a trip to the supermarket!  I guess I'm not the only one going through this and I just have to keep reminding myself that it won't last forever :)

How do you mothers that are pregnant and have 2, 3 or more other young children deal with it?!?!  I'd like to know your secrets.........

No comments:

Post a Comment