Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dr Oetker Panebello Pizza Review

It's not often that we make our own pizza from scratch at home.  It's just quicker and more convenient to buy the frozen variety and there are a few brands that we like to choose from.  The problem I usually find with frozen pizza is that the toppings are all clumped up in the middle and there's nothing around the edge.  I also don't enjoy really thick crusts and often won't even eat the edge.

I was given the opportunity to try the Dr Oetker Panebello pizza and I was glad to do so.  I've tried other varieties of Dr Oetker pizza but not this kind.  The Panebello pizzas are said to have a bakery style crust that's crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.  It comes in four varieties; Country Pepperoni, Classic Canadian, Vegetables and Goat Cheese and Bruschetta.  I chose to try the Country Pepperoni one.  I don't like mushrooms and refuse to eat them on anything so that only left me the Pepperoni and Bruschetta to choose from.  It was pretty tasty I must say.  The crust was thin and crispy on the outside and soft in the middle like it was supposed to be and I found that the toppings actually went all the way to the edge of the pizza and there was plenty of pepperoni.   I ended up eating the whole crust.  The only complaint I have is I wish there were more flavours to choose from and when feeding a family I find Dr Oetker pizzas too small.  I always have and think I always will be a ham and pineapple pizza person and haven't had the chance to try the Casa di Mama one.

Thank you to Divine.ca and Dr Oetker for providing me with a free product coupon in order to do this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment