Monday, August 27, 2012

Toddler Lunches - Muffins with Cheerios!

My kids are one and almost three so I have a couple years before worrying about making school lunches though I still find lunchtime the hardest meal to make.  I don't want to make something that's time consuming as I already spend enough time in the kitchen making dinner and I don't want them having leftovers everyday.

I work so I came up with a list of lunch ideas for my husband and/or mother in law to feed the kids that's quick and easy though it still gets a little boring so I like to make things once is a while like banana bread or muffins for a change of pace.


My kids love Cheerios and would eat them everyday for breakfast and snacks if we let them so I decided to check out the Life Made Delicious website for recipes with Cheerios and came across the Choco Chip-Applesauce Muffins.  The recipe uses crushed cheerios and has little sugar and oil with plenty of healthy applesauce so they're perfect for moms too.

They were quick and easy to put together which is very important when you're a busy mom so  I made them after the kids were in bed so they'd be ready for lunch the next day.  With a glass of milk, cut up fruits and veggies and cottage cheese these muffins made a delicious lunch and both kids enjoyed them.  I really liked the crunch the cheerios added to the muffins and the added sweetness of the mini chocolate chips.  It was nice to have something other than boring peanut butter and jam sandwiches which my two year old would eat everyday!

Disclosure - I am part of the Life Made Delicious blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group.  The opinions on this blog are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment