Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Taylor's Follow Up Appointment


While the little one is napping and the other one is out playing with dad I have a chance to update on Taylor again.  We had the follow up appointment with the paediatrician last week.  Even though there's been some progress both the doc and I agree that there's still something wrong.  The doctor says her muscle weakness appears to be in her shoulders and back of her neck.  All of the initial tests came back normal though Taylor does have a cyst on her brain.  I put all my trust in the paediatrician and she didn't show any concern about the cyst so I'm not going to worry about it later.  Upon doing research seems they're quite common and harmless.  So we still have to find out what's causing the hypotonia so we're being referred to a neurologist and she has to go for a CT scan.  Scary sounding stuff to any mom including be but in spending all my time with Taylor I think she's doing great in spite of everything.  She's sitting for longer periods of time and rolling all over the place.  She's also just started pushing fully up on her arms when on her tummy which is great!  The doc also put in her own referral to infant development for us which holds more weight than my referral and hopefully we can get in sooner and she can be properly assessed by a physiotherapist.  So, now we just sit back and wait again for more phone calls and appointments.

1 comment: