Sunday, July 22, 2012

Super Easy Cooked Chicken

Whenever a recipe called for cooked chicken I would always be prepared to cut it up and pan fry in a little bit of oil and I'd avoid such recipes (unless I just adding to the chicken in the pan) because it seemed like a lot of work.  I found an easy recipe to make this task really simple.

You take the chicken breast (s) and place in a pot then cover with water (can add salt, pepper, garlic powder etc) or chicken broth until chicken is completely covered.  Then put a piece of wax paper on top to keep the steam in (I've also just used the pot lid and it came out fine).  Bring to a boil then simmer for about 8 min or until chicken is cooked through!  No turning or flipping required.  The chicken comes out nice and moist and is perfect for any recipe needing it cooked ahead of time or for salads and wraps!

I promise this week I will have a meal plan.  Last week work schedules got a little messed up so shopping was done later during the week and everything was thrown off.

No comments:

Post a Comment