Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Yummy Christmas Treats! - #LMDConnector

I don't bake a whole lot throughout the year but it's my tradition to go all out at Christmas!  Starting Dec 1st I make my baking list, collect my ingredients then start baking!  We always have some family favorites then I try to add a new recipe or two.

This year I decided on cowboy cookies, chocolate chip shortbread mounds, walnut chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cranberry oat bars, sugar cookies and the new recipe is peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies.  My kids are still young so I did end up doing most of the baking myself but they did help me with the sugar cookies.


I prepared the dough ahead of time and chilled it in the fridge overnight.  I think for this year I'm just too scared to let my kids help with the mixing and adding flour and such as I've seen what my one year old does when she gets hold of sugar and it's not fun.  This is the first two pans fresh from the oven.  I did the rolling and had the kids pass the cutters and help me push them into the dough.   After the first two dozen or so my three year old got bored and left but my daughter stayed the whole time playing with the cookie cutters and the dough.  


Usually I would also ice and decorate the cookies but again due to not wanting a huge mess on my hands I'll save that until the kids are a little older.

So far this year I've made 23 dozen cookies and counting!  As I write this there's a batch of cowboy cookies in the oven, yum!  We enjoy eating them as well as giving them away.  Because I make so many cookies I tend to freeze them in large freezer bags and take them out for snacks, lunches, desserts or when we have people over.  I look forward to many more years of baking with my kids and continuing on with old and new Christmas traditions.

"Disclosure - I am part of the Life Made Delicious Blogger program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group.  The opinions on this blog are my own." 




No comments:

Post a Comment