Sunday, August 15, 2010

A+D Diaper Rash Ointment and Rash Cream Review

I had the opportunity through Mom Central Canada to try out A+D diaper rash ointment and rash cream.  They sent me a 113g tube of each to try.  They also sent me some coupons and information to hand out to other moms.  The diaper ointment is for everyday use to protect against wetness and diaper rash and the rash cream is for use when some rash is present as a treatment.  Both products are enriched with vitamins A & D.

The day I received the product it turns out my son had a little redness in the middle of his bottom and in one of the skinfolds in the groin area.  I applied the rash cream and no joke, the rash was gone at the next diaper change!!  He's had these same minor rashes before and this is the first product I've used that cleared it up so fast.  I like how the cream is not too thick or thin so it's really easy to apply.  It is also lightly scented and not too overpowering.

With the next diaper change and the rash gone I proceeded to use the ointment.  It kind resembles vasoline in color but definitely not as thick.  It was also easy to apply and thankfully not greasy.  It does smell like a medicine though so I would probably like it more if it smelled better.

I loved how both products came in tubes with a flip top so they're easy to open with one hand.  You do have to be careful to not squeeze the tube of cream too hard.  I made that mistake the first time and too much came out.  I suppose it's because I'm used to using jars of product.  I also really liked how easily the product came off of my hands after applying.  Some rash creams I've used are really greasy or really sticky so it's difficult to wash off your hands but a quick wipe got both the cream and the ointment off.

Thanks Mom Central for the opportunity to try such a wonderful product.

For more information go to http://www.aplusd.ca/en/

No comments:

Post a Comment