Monday, March 5, 2012

Burt's Bee's Skin Solutions for Sensitive Skin Review



I didn't think I had sensitive skin but lately (last year or two) I've noticed that my cheeks are red pretty much all of the time and products that I was ok with in the past now make my cheeks burn.  It seems to be worse in the winter when the air is dry.  Sometimes my cheeks feel like alligator skin and they peel.

I've tried and keep trying many many products to find a good fit for my skin.  One sample I was sent from a company that does home parties burned my cheeks pretty bad, meaning it was painful for several minutes, before it calmed down.  The toners seem to bother my skin the most.  When the opportunity came to try the new Burt's Bees for sensitive skin I though why not.  I was sent the Sensitive Facial Cleanser and the Sensitive Daily Moisturizer to try out.  With the facial cleanser you simply wet your face and apply it with fingers or a damp cloth then pat dry and apply the moisturizer to a clean face in the morning.  When I followed the instructions for the cleanser I didn't feel my face was very clean so I used a cotton ball with very little toner (one that's ok on my skin) and still got some makeup off that the cleanser didn't remove.  I find that rubbing my face gently with a damp facecloth after applying the cleanser removed more makeup.  I like that the moisturizer doesn't feel greasy or sticky and absorbed really easily into the skin.

One week later and I do notice my skin is softer and neither product burned my skin or irritated it in anyway. I still have facial redness but it's not as bad and I haven't spoken to a doctor yet to see if it's some kind of condition.  I would recommend this line for someone with sensitive skin.

The Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin products contain cotton extract to soften and shield skin from irritants found in soaps and cleansers.  They are hypo-allergenic and fragrance free.  The products have been allergy tested and tested by a dermatologist.  They are also very affordable and found at Walmart and Shoppers Drug Mart nationwide.

I am a BzzAgent and was sent product in order to do this review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment