Friday, July 16, 2010

Diaper Rash Cream Review

I've been lucky so far that my son hasn't had much for diaper rashes. He's a chubby boy so he had one in a skin fold around the genitals and his bottom gets a little red once sometimes. I have tried about 5 different products including Burt's Bees, vasoline, Parent's Choice zinc oxide, Teddy's choice zinc oxide and Sedocrem and currently I'm waiting to see if I get to review A&D. I find vasoline too greasy. The Burt's Bees and the Teddy's Choice I find go on smoothly, are not too greasy and don't smell more than I'd like. Those two are really similar. I don't like that they don't seem to stay on his skin very long as a barrier. The Sedocrem I haven't used very much but it seems thick so I don't have much of an opinion on that yet. My favorite so far is the Parent's Choice which is a Walmart brand name so it's inexpensive too. I like that it's thicker that the Burt's Bees and Teddy's Choice so it tends to stay on longer forming a good barrier. It's usually still there for the next diaper change where as the other stuff has long worn off. It wipes off easy too and doesn't have too strong of a odor. I use some at every diaper change as a barrier and in the skin folds so I'm always on the lookout for something that might work better than my current product.

No comments:

Post a Comment