Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Things I didn't know about babies until having one.

I used to babysit a lot when I was younger but spending just a few hours with a baby is nothing like when it's your own and you're with them 24/7. There's sooooo much I thought I knew but really didn't until my son was born. First of all it takes me probably 3 times as long to do something as someone who doesn't have a baby even just a mundane little task like putting the dishes away unless, of course, he's sleeping. I didn't know that we'd need 40 pounds worth of stuff just to leave the house! And of course getting ready to leave the house takes forever! Most days 24 hours just doesn't seem like enough and others it's too much and I can't wait for bedtime! I thought that babies just fell asleep whenever they were tired and I'm sure some do as my son did until he was 6 months old then I had to "train" him for napping, who knew!! And boy oh boy the laundry! Nine wardrobe changes some days (six for him and three for me)! And the food they waste, my goodness! I could feed the hungry with what this kids spits out or throws on the floor! Mommy time has become sooooooo much more valuable! Wanted to add that I used to keep a clean house and now as long as everyone is fed and clothed most days that's enough except for my kitchen. I'm anal about the kitchen staying clean! I do a quick tidy every night after little one goes to bed.

I love my son though and I wouldn't change a thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment