Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Health Check's Mealtime Makeover and The Heart Truth Campaign



Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death for women in Canada but it's something we can work on.  Healthy eating is one of the most important things women can do to improve their overall health including having a healthy heart.  Eating healthy doesn't have to be difficult.  It's just a matter of making changes in the diet and replacing food with healthier options.  By eating healthy women can reduce their risk of heart disease by 80%!

The Heart Truth Campaign put on by the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Cananda and the Health Check programs is having a contest where Canadians can submit recipes for a "Meal Time Makeover"  and be entered to win a trip to the Heart Truth Fashion Show in Toronto.  The prize includes the trip, a nutrition makeover, a grocery store tour and much more.  If you don't want to enter, the website is full of valuable information and has many tips and recipes for healthy eating.


For myself I have started following a healthier diet because of my son.  He's almost 16 months old now and wants everything that I am eating so if I eat healthy he will too.  It doesn't make sense for me to eat french fries while he's eating fresh vegetables!  I'm also pregnant so the baby will also benefit from my better eating habits and the other health benefits are just bonuses for me!  I found that it doesn't take long for the body to stop craving junk foods but I do still indulge every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment