Friday, February 25, 2011

Kid-E-Cover product review

My son is 16 months old and into EVERYTHING!  He likes pulling out anything that's plugged in and he can take out some of the plastic covers that we've been using.  I can't follow him around the house all day so I was getting a little worried about him playing with the outlets.

I came across the Kid-E-Cover and was given the opportunity by the woman who makes them to try one out and give my opinion.  First of all I think it's fantastic!  Unlike other outlet covers that just plug the holes this one replaces the whole cover.  When the outlets are not in use there's an internal shutter that covers the holes and the tab to reveal the holes is much too stiff for little hands to do it.  It was very easy to install, just a matter of taking the old cover off and screwing the Kid-E-Cover on.  Children can't even see the holes so they tend to stay away from it.  We've only installed one right now and so far my son doesn't even go near that outlet anymore!  It looks great too, just like a regular cover that functions a little differently.

Right now the Kid-E-Cover is available at amazon.com and www.elicole.com.  They are proudly made in the USA and I might just have to order some more to cover up our problem outlets especiall with baby #2 on the way.

 I was given the opportunity to review this product because of my membership at The Product Review Place as well as the manufacturer of this product.  All opinions are my own and were not influenced in any way.

1 comment: